Monday, August 17, 2009

I have a dream

Actually I have several stitching dreams.

Dream 1
To mount and frame all the finished stitching which is currently patiently awaiting attention on a table in my home office. They have been placed there so that I will see them every day and feel guilty if I don't do something about them. There are 18 pieces left to be framed and I have bought 6 of the required frames. My plan is to frame one piece per week until they are all done.

Last week I still had 20 finished pieces but managed to frame two. These were both stitched in 2007.
'Mooning' Silly Snobs Designs from Imaginating, Inc.

'Easter Parade' Blackbird Designs

Dream 2
To finishing stitching my two WIPs by the end of 2009. These two designs are great to stitch side by side as when I get sick of all changing colors on the lighthouse I can pick up DB and relax.

Since the lighthouse is for my SIL and she will frame it herself I may be starting 2010 with only one piece to frame.
''Dutch Beast' Ink Circles
picture taken in June and have made some progress since

'Eagle Bluff Lighthouse' Brigitte Kozma

Dream 3
Along with Heidi continue with HarmAn projects. Although it is a good feeling to be able to start a project just for the sake of a new start I'm afraid that thus far Heidi and I are having a problem with not finishing each project ASAP.

My first HarmAn was started on August 1 and completed on August 12.

'Gingerbread House' Country Cottage Needleworks

My second HarmAn was going to be 'Second Story' but since I came up with these stitching dreams I decided that I'd better stick to something smaller.

'All Hearts Come Home' Hillside Samplings

Dream 4

From now on finish-finish each piece as soon as it has been stitched so that a new pile does not appear on my table.

Am I only dreaming?

12 Comments:

Blogger Heidi said...

Nah! You can finish a finish as soon as it is done. It is a question of making it a habit. I finished my 2nd HarmAn Day finish and you can see it now on my blog. So to see, your 2nd HarmAn project is going to be done quickly too. I did start a Halloween chart immediately afterwards though so does that mean I am getting infected with startitis? :-)

I adore the first framed piece with the two cats! And that frame is puurfect for it.

Hugs ~
Heidi

2:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heej, 2 van de 20 is helemaal niet gek! Gewoon doorgaan! Ze zijn mooi geworden. En de foto van Mooning is geweldig!

10:28 PM  
Blogger Brigitte said...

Your dreams are my dreams as well, lol. Heidi is right about this finishing thing but I haven't managed to make finsihing right after stitching a habit. But I'm working on it.
Aren't HarmAn days wonderful?

11:01 PM  
Blogger Kathy A. said...

Ah, I love a girl that dreams big!!!!
Good luck fulfilling them all. We will all oohh and ahh as you frame each beautiful piece.

4:55 AM  
Blogger Ranae said...

Dream big! girl! Dream big!
I love the two framed pieces. and the WIP's are looking awesome

1:25 PM  
Blogger Lillie said...

Beautiful frame. Dreams do become reality, good luck! ;P

8:39 PM  
Blogger Lillie said...

Beautiful frame. Dreams do become reality, good luck! ;P

8:39 PM  
Blogger Alberta said...

Margaret...I love that you dream, and in technicolour!!!!

Your framing looks wonderful...too bad you are so far away to give lessons & encouragement.

9:39 PM  
Blogger Vonna Pfeiffer said...

Nope, anything can be accomplished when the will is strong :)
LOVE those kitties with the pumpkins!

5:02 AM  
Blogger mainely stitching said...

Whew, you've been busy!! Everything looks utterly fabulous!

12:25 PM  
Blogger Felicity said...

Your stitching is, as always, amazing!

3:26 AM  
Blogger stitcherw said...

Wonderful finishing, my favorite was Mooning, I love the Silly Snobs designs. Easter Parade turned out great too, I also have that in my stash to do sometime. Good luck hitting your dream list.
Sue

1:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home