Sunday, July 26, 2009

For Lil' Swee' P

Last night I finished stitching 'By the Sea' for sweet little P. With all the quarter stitches required this project took a bit longer than I had originally planned (worked on it on and off for 16 months).

'By the Sea' part of the Collector's Series
from the February 2003 edition of Cross Stitch
stitched 2/2 on 28 ct ecru lugana with DMC floss

Oh my goodness - now I only have two WIPs. Is this truly possible? Decisions! Decisions! Do I keep it at two and try and get SIL's lighthouse finished by Christmas or do I start a new piece during our Sip 'n Stitch at Annemarie's this coming Tuesday? That would mean I could start a Christmas piece for myself. Must give this some thought.

Hope you are all having a great weekend.

11 Comments:

Blogger Barb said...

That is cute. Was that part of a triology in a magazine years ago? I think I just posted another piece in that triology I did. Great job on yours.

6:06 AM  
Blogger mainely stitching said...

Wow, that really looks wonderful!

10:22 AM  
Blogger Leeland said...

So cute!!!
I'm off for the holidays tomorrow and just popped in to say Hi;-D

1:29 PM  
Blogger stitcherw said...

Beautiful finish. I'd vote for starting a new project to go in your WIP mix.
Sue

2:17 PM  
Blogger Alberta said...

I remember seeing that design thinking it was so cute. You are a better woman than me...I seen the quarter stitches and move on to something else! Great job Margaret!

7:51 AM  
Blogger Cindy F. said...

Such a sweet finish!! Congrats!

9:48 AM  
Blogger Heidi said...

So sweet! Is this piece for yourself? It is a fun summer one. Congratulations on the finish!

Now we know we have our 'HarmAn' days so we can start a new project. Both Harmien and Annemarie are teh queens of starts I think.

It was so much fun to see you again yesterday!

Hugs ~
Heidi

12:47 AM  
Blogger Felicity said...

I did that series (well on my way to finishing the last). Your efforts look gorgeous, Margaret.

10:58 PM  
Blogger Lillie said...

So sweet and lovely, congrads on your finished

7:34 PM  
Blogger Sharon said...

Such a sweet finish! Congrats! Only two wip's? I wish it were me. I seem to have issues with completion these days!

10:47 PM  
Blogger Brigitte said...

Such a nice finish! Congratulations. No wonder that it took a while to stitch it as the whole picture is covered with stitches not to speak about those fractional stitches that you mention. Great job.

3:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home