Thursday, August 13, 2009

Pictures of Gifts

For my 6oth birthday last year my dear friend Lili sent me a gift certificate from Stitching Bits and Bobs. Lili knows how very happy I was with this wonderful gift but due to the move last summer I never got around to showing it to the world. I was just like a kid in a candy store and had such fun picking out patterns which are going to have a very special place on my Halloween & Christmas walls. You know I love them Lili - Thank you!!

From left to right:
- 'Grimm, Glum and Gloom on Halloween' Glendon Place
- 'Skeleton Crew' The Cricket Collection
- 'The Second Story' The Cricket Collection
- 'Santa's Workshop' Jim Shore

'The Second Story' is all set to be started on 28 ct Bluebell Jobelan. Rather than stitch the two parts separately I will stitch them on one piece of fabric and then decide whether to make it into a bell-pull or framed piece. Since the next HarmAn Day (a day when you are allowed to start a new project without feeling guilty about all your other WIPs) is this coming Friday I am planning to put the first few stitches on this piece then.

And now pictures of a few stitchy gifts I have made lately.

The first is a Halloween pillow for our pumpkin/kitty friend Annemarie which I made as a hostess gift for her for our recent Sip 'n Stitch. As always, this get-together was such fun and yes we truly did get around to stitching as well as doting on little Pantoef, gabbing, eating and laughing.

You may or may not remember that after I made my first pinkeep last December I had a draw for three pinkeeps to be made by me in 2009. They were mailed last week so I can now show them to the world. I know two have arrived at their destination and I hope the third arrives shortly too.

7 Comments:

Blogger Ranae said...

I love the halloween pillow
The pinkeeps are fabulous, they are lucky winners.
I love the charts for the holidays, you choose some neat ones.

8:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooooh, you make me want to stitch Christmassy projects... ;o) Those ornaments are beautiful!!

12:23 PM  
Blogger Heidi said...

YEP! One of those pinkeeps arrived here and IT IS BEAUTIFUL!!! The photo does not even begin to do it justice. I just adore it. And my frogger. Thank you dear Margaret!

Love your charts. I can understand picking a holiday design for your next start. I hope I have time to pick a new HarmAn Day project. Tomorrow is back to the hospital. :-( Since we are off to Cranberry Cottage in the afternoon, I have to see if I can manage pulling together a new start or just grab a WIP.

Your gift for Annemarie is wonderful and I was privileged to see it in real life.

Hugs ~
Heidi

12:38 PM  
Blogger staci said...

Hello Margaret, I looked for your email address but can't find it to send you a private one. My pinkeep arrived yesterday. I completely forgot about your giveaway (early alzheimer's I guess, lol!) It was a fantastic surprise! I love it and can't wait to display it during the holidays...Thank You so very much!!!

Hugs, Staci

7:13 PM  
Blogger Mylene said...

Such lovely pinkeeps and the halloween pillow too.

10:36 AM  
Blogger stitcherw said...

Great stash, my favorite is the Glendon Place one. Very cute pillows too, especially the Halloween one. Hmmm do you see a pattern here. :)
Sue

1:35 PM  
Blogger Brigitte said...

Great choice of charts, Margaret. And what a wonderful gift for Annemarie. I think I'll pull this pattern out of my folder and stitch it myself.
Very nice pinkeeps.

3:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home