Thursday, February 04, 2016

February already?

It's hard to believe that January has come and gone and February is here already.

As promised in  my last post I will now tell you about the stitching projects I am planning to concentrate on in 2016.

First up "The Bookshop".

In January I completed Page 6 of 15.
Although I hadn't had much time to stitch in the second half of 2015 I feel I'm on a roll again and hope to have it completed and framed for our son's birthday at the end of August.

Having said I'm on a roll again I must backup a bit and let you know that there won't be an update on this piece at the beginning of March.
My BIL and SIL will be arriving from Michigan on the 10th and flying home again on March 1.
While they are here I will work on something that needs a little less concentration so that I have loads of time to chat.

Secondly the 2016 Christmas ornaments for the grandchildren.
You may or may not remember that I stitched "The Nutcracker Suite" for my husband in 2008.
 

Since Opa collects nutcrackers and the grandchildren love them I thought it might be nice for each of them to have a nutcracker ornament.
I will be stitching the nutcracker on the right for our granddaughter but will be changing the colors to pink and purple (her favorites).
For our grandson I am stitching the nutcracker beside it (the one with the sword). In his case I am changing the blue coat to his favorite color of green and may adjust some of the other colors as well.

Grandson's ornament has been started. I am stitching it on 18 ct. Aida with DMC.



I find that finish-finishing ornaments stitched on Aida is easier than those I have stitched on linen or lugana.
Do you have a fabric preference when finishing small pieces?

My third 2016 project will not be finished during the year but I am hoping to have a least six motifs completed by December 31.


Brenda H. and I started this as a SAL in 2014.
Up till now this is what I have stitched.

At the beginning of this year Brenda & I talked about stitching one motif per month but I'm already a month behind so I'm now trying for six motifs instead.
I know Brenda understands.

Now I may surprise myself and you by doing some finish-finishing in February instead of stitching on the ornaments. 
We will just have to wait and see what works during the month.

For all my fellow booklovers - my favorite January book was:
 

I am currently reading:
Circling the Sun 

Till next time,
Margaret

3 Comments:

Blogger Robin in Virginia said...

Nice selection of projects and very doable "goals". I know you can do it.

12:58 PM  
Blogger Brigitte said...

You have some very nice projects on the go, Margaret. I love the Bookshop very much, and your SAL piece is so beautiful.
Great, your plan to stitch two nutcrackers for your grandchildren. You can be sure that they will love them, and all their favorite colors will be there, too.

7:28 AM  
Blogger Mylene said...

Great selection of designs you are working on.
I prefer linen for small finishes into ornaments rather than aida...

4:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home