Yesterday I finished knitting the cowl while chatting with my Critters friends.
Those Monday mornings at the Sew and Quilt Shop are such fun.
At the beginning of the project I used the I Knits provisional cast on
Now I started searching the internet for the correct way to graft the ends together and found the perfect instructions at Knitting Kitchener Stitch
Now mind you, it took me two hours to graft two ends of 40 stitches each together but I am very pleased with the results.
It has been great fun learning some new things during this project.
I'll bring the finished cowl to Critters next Monday for Show and Tell and then get it into the mail to our daughter.
Although it is summer in Norway now (temp on Mothers Day was 20C) and she won't need it for another 4-5 months I'm anxious for her to see it.