Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Back already!

Yesterday I finished knitting the cowl while chatting with my Critters friends.
Those Monday mornings at the Sew and Quilt Shop are such fun.


After I got home the hard part of the project began as I now had to make that straight piece of knitting into a faux mobius cowl.

At the beginning of the project I used the I Knits provisional cast on
Now I started searching the internet for the correct way to graft the ends together and found the perfect instructions at Knitting Kitchener Stitch
Now mind you, it took me two hours to graft two ends of 40 stitches each together but I am very pleased with the results.

It has been great fun learning some new things during this project.

I'll bring the finished cowl to Critters next Monday for Show and Tell and then get it into the mail to our daughter.
Although it is summer in Norway now (temp on Mothers Day was 20C) and she won't need it for another 4-5 months I'm anxious for her to see it.

1 Comments:

Blogger Brigitte said...

Great knitting finish, Margaret. It will be perfect for the next winter in Norway :)
Thank you so much for your comment on my blog.

11:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home