Friday, October 22, 2010

"Who is John Galt?"

Won't you join me in reading the second most influential book in America? A book whose influence is rated second only to the Bible.


For years I have been hearing about this book which was written in 1957 and is considered to be Ayn Rand's magnum opus.

Atlas Shrugged received largely negative reviews after its 1957 publication but achieved enduring popularity and consistent sales in the following decades.

In the late 2000s it once again caught everyone's attention and I recently bought this tome to discover its significance for myself.

Won't you join me in the quest to find out "Who is John Galt?"

Note to self - added October 29, 2010

Till the end of the year concentrate on RYOB (reading your own books). It worked several years ago when I planned five books in advance and stuck to my list. It is time to do this again, especially since I have promised to write four reviews.


The five books are:

'Pieta' - William Zink

'Cynthia's Attic: The Missing Locket' - Mary Cunningham

'Atlas Shrugged' Ayn Rand
'Anne's House of Dreams' - L.M. Montgomery

'The Secret of the Wooden Lady' - Carolyn Keene

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I could give you a copy of the paper I wrote on this book in college. I traced EVERY SINGLE mention of the question "Who is John Galt?" throughout the book. My professor liked it, though I am more fond of The Fountainhead.

3:10 PM  
Blogger barbara said...

I read this many years ago but can't really remember it very well. I could try to re-read it again but I don't know if I could do it in a set time period

7:02 PM  
Blogger Sharon said...

Hi Margaret, I am having trouble with your email address. Please send me your snail mail address as you have won giveaway number one on my blog. Thanks Sharon

1:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home