Thursday, November 11, 2010

Finished and framed

On one of our visits to Las Vegas in 2009 (while we were still in The Netherlands) I fell in love with and bought this Thanksgiving pattern. What a fun project and what a quick stitch!

The pattern calls for a 19 ct fabric using wool etc. for stitching. The coarser fabric just isn't my cup of tea (or in my case coffee) so I used a piece of 28 ct evenweave my SIL had given me last year. The name of the color of the fabric is unknown (looks like mocha) and it was perfect for this fall piece. The colors are much richer IRL.

With Thanksgiving just around the corner it was high time to get it framed so we can display it. Mission accomplished this past Tuesday. Framing is always such a daunting task for me but I am pretty pleased with the result.

'Happy Thanksgiving' by Shepherd's Bush
stitched 2/2 on 28 ct evenweave with DMC floss

started 08/21/2010 - completed 09/04/2010

10 Comments:

Blogger Deborah said...

I love Shepherds Bush designs but usally change the fabric as well. I love your finish.

3:23 PM  
Blogger staci said...

I love the way it turned out! It's fabulous and looks especially good with your pilgrim nutcrackers!

4:20 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

Very prett! I really like your substitutions.

4:41 PM  
Blogger faj9778 said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12:08 AM  
Blogger Brigitte said...

It looks really great in the frame. I also loved your Nutcrackers finish that you show in your last post.

2:16 AM  
Blogger Poussy Stitches My Love said...

oh very lovely
marylin

8:05 AM  
Blogger Sharon said...

Beautiful finish!

9:27 PM  
Blogger Alberta said...

I love the simplicity of "Happy Thanksgiving" and your display...Beautiful!

6:34 AM  
Blogger AMendel said...

I can't believe it. I also stitched "thanksgiving" by Shephards bush. I so enjoyed stitching it and I also display it framed on an easel w/pilgrams & pumpkins around it. I also have read Many Allison Weir books that u posted and also D. Macomber. I live in Oregon and she is a local(of sorts) author. I enjoy Tudor era history very much.

10:15 PM  
Blogger AMendel said...

I have also stitched "thanksgiving" by shepahards bush, I very much enjoyed stitching it. I have also read many of Allison Weir books that u mention and I also read D. Macomber books. she is a local author here in the N.W. Interesting to find somone with such similar tastes. this is my son's email address. I get too confused w/so many addresses.

10:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home