Wednesday, May 25, 2016

More May Finishes

Since the end of the month is just around the corner it is time to show you the rest of my May finishes.
Looking back on the month I feel I've accomplished quite a bit.

First up the 4th of July quilt.
I appliqued the cornerstones and added the borders.


Here is a clearer picture of the attached cornerstones.



It was quite an experience appliqueing them and then attaching them to the top and bottom border before attaching these borders to the rest of the quilt top.
Next week we will learn how to sandwich and quilt.

On June 17 our granddaughter turns four. 
Like most girls her age she is a big fan of Elsa from Frozen so granny made her an Elsa cape.
Please be proud of me as although the finished project looks like it could be stitched within an hour this is not the case.
The organza is horrible to work with. It slips and slides every which way and several times I didn't pin enough or watch the material closely enough and found myself frogging.
The picture does not do it proper justice as the satin blanket binding I used shows up much more than the organza.
There was glitter everywhere when I was finished and I will not be using the rest of the organza. Done with it!!

Last but not least a knit scarf for a local charity group.
It was knit with "Autumn Red" Simply Soft by Caron on 5 mm needles.
The scarf is 64 inches long.


For my birthday last week my children and grandchildren spoiled me with five new books. 
All my life whenever I was asked what I wanted for my birthday my answer was "BOOKS"!
They are truly and obsession. I can just sit and lovingly gaze at my wonderful collection.

I received:
"The Little Paris Bookshop" Nina George
"A Man Called Ove" Fredrik Backman
"The Summer Queen" Elizabeth Chadwick
"The Signature of All Things" Elizabeth Gilbert
"Big Magic" Elizabeth Gilbert

Oh my, how well DS and DD know me. :)

Although I didn't have time this month to read as many books as I usually do I will share my favorite read of the past month:

TheKitchenGodsWife.jpg

Amy Tan's book from 1991 has been sitting on my shelf for a few years just waiting to be read.
I loved it!

and the book I am currently reading:
7390774 

This is the first in the "Annie's Attic Mysteries" series which was written by various authors.
It is a sweet story and I am sure I will read some of the sequels.

Well friends that just about sums it up for the month of May.
I hope you are all well and enjoying life.

2 Comments:

Blogger Von said...

You've accomplished a lot over the last month, Margaret! Way to go! :)

2:09 PM  
Blogger Brigitte said...

Wow, Margaret, such a lot of crafting going on at your place. And now you have even started quilting. This quilt will be gorgeous when finished. And your little granddaughter will love her new Elsa cape with all the glitter :)
A nice book haul that you received.

5:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home