Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Alive and kicking

It seems like there are never enough hours in the day to get around to all the things I would like to do. Just so you know that I'm still alive and kicking I'd like to show you a few recent finish-finishes.

The first is a Mirabelia Angel which I stitched for my SIL Colleen for her birthday. I am quite sure I posted a picture of her after I had completed the stitching but here she is again, finally framed. Colleen loves her and I'm so glad as I truly felt this piece suited her perfectly.

Here is a close-up so that you can get a better look at some of the beading.


I've been bitten by the HAED bug! Yes, the girl who said she would NEEEEEEVER stitch a HAED finally bit the bullet. What caused the change of mind? I was surfing the HAED website - who says you can't look at things you will never stitch? Isn't that what they say about Dutch tourists abroad "kijken, kijken, niet kopen" (looking, looking, not buying)? Anyway I was looking and what did I spy with my little eye? The most gorgeous HAED I had ever seen. I wanted it soooo badly but figured I would try my hand at a freebie first to see how I like stitching a solid piece.

Here is the result - stitched by me and today, framed by me. I'm a happy HAEDer.

"Bunny on Path"
stitched 1/1 on 18 ct Aida with DMC floss

started April 1, 2011 - completed May 20, 2011


I absolutely loved stitching this little sweetie.

For my birthday DH bought me everything I need for the gorgeous "Bygone Summer". Of course you'd like to take a peak at this beauty so here she is. Take a good look at her hat - isn't it amazing? I am stitching this piece 1/1 on 25 ct antique white lugana.

To date I have stitched 1800 of the required 202,800 crosses. Only another three years or so and she may be finished. :) Don't forget "it's the journey that counts".


Until next time - happy summer, happy stitching, happy reading and happy whatever else strikes your fancy.

5 Comments:

Blogger Deborah said...

I give give you all kinds of credit for doing HAED! They are beautiful.

7:51 PM  
Blogger Outi said...

She's beautiful! And the bunny is really cute. :)
(Thanks for reminding me that HAED has freebies.... got to get the new ones. :P)



http://snowprincipessa.livejournal.com/

11:56 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

I love your Mirabilia Angel! She is so dainty and pretty.

As for the HAED... I don't think I'll ever try one. Your freebie HAED turned out fantastic though and is a really cute pic. Your choice for your next one is stunning! Definitely a challenge! Good luck!

4:56 AM  
Blogger Sue said...

Your Miribilia Angel is lovely. I can't believe you're stitching Bygone Summer. I started her about 4 years ago, put her down about 3 years ago and never picked her up again. I wonder if I'll ever get back to her. Good start on yours.

3:28 PM  
Blogger Mylene said...

The HAED and Mirabelia Angel looks lovely and wow! your next project looks gorgeous.

Happy summer too!

11:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home