Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Christmas Eve

There are so many ways to start preparing for a wonderful Christmas Eve. Here are a few of them.

Receive a lovely Christmas ornament especially made for you by a dear friend. Thank you Harmien - I love it!


Make your very first speculaas pop. I made the dough and DH did the rest. Yes friends I'm a very lucky girl to be married to a talented guy who enjoys preparing for Christmas just as much as I do. We will be making several more poppen to give to neighbors as Christmas gifts.


Complete a piece entitled - you guessed it - 'Christmas Eve'. I dyed the fabric with coffee, tea and every suitable spice I could find in the pantry to give it the perfect color. It smells fantastic! I will not be able to finish finish it before Christmas Eve because the tray I made it for needs a little more work.

'Christmas Eve' by Prairie Schooler
stitched 1/1 on 18 ct hand-dyed Aida
with the required DMC floss
started 11/17/2010 - completed 12/21/2010

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL AND TO ALL A GOOD NIGHT

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oeh, die speculaaspop ziet er lekker uit!! Alles goed? Heb aan jullie gedacht! Christmas Eve is prachtig!! Fijne Kerst!!!

11:12 AM  
Blogger Wendy said...

heerlijk, met een glaasje gluhwein erbij ?

je borduurwerk is prachtig, fijne feestdagen !

12:29 PM  
Blogger Alberta said...

LOL!!! I don't have a clue what you and your DH made but it warms my heart that you did it together and isn't that what it important.

Your Christmas Eve piece is breathtaking! I may have to add that to my ever growing wish list...I wish it were on an ever growing Finished list...but next year is coming, right?

Wishing you and your family a very Merry Christmas!

6:35 PM  
Blogger Kathy A. said...

What a wonderful gift from Harmien. I can smell that baking from here.
Happy Christmas my friend.

3:14 AM  
Blogger Sue said...

Pretty ornament that you received and I love your finish. DH did a great job :)

9:12 AM  
Blogger Leeland said...

I'm working on the same pattern! But only the middle part is done because I'm a mad zapper... and I can't stitch at the moment anyway.
Great job!
Harmien's gift is a wonder, I so love it.
Would gladly invite myself to taste these speculoos... but you're definitely too far. I'll ask DH, he's very much like Marcus when it comes to Xmas. I can't wait for his next batch of cinnamon cookies. Yummy...
Have a great Xmas.

9:16 AM  
Blogger Lillie said...

Merry Christmas ! That's a lovely gift recieved. Congrats on finishing Christmas Eve.

9:07 PM  
Blogger Heidi said...

Beautiful...both the cookie and the stitching! :-)

I wish you a most wonderful and magical Christmas. Watch out...you nutcrackers might come to life tonight.

Christmas hugs,
Heidi

2:36 PM  
Blogger Daffycat said...

Merry Christmas, Margaret!

8:59 PM  
Blogger Sharon said...

Love Harmien's ornament. Your Christmas Eve is fantastic and will look great in a tray. Can't wait to see it. Happy New Year!

8:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home