Wednesday, December 15, 2010

A Cherub for Colleen

About half an hour ago I finished "Cherub with Tree" for my SIL Colleen's birthday. Her birthday isn't until June but since we will probably be traveling to see them earlier in the year I wanted to have it finished very early. Just after the holidays I will have it mounted and framed so that it is ready to travel when we are.

The pattern is a freebie from Mirabilia. The finished piece is 6 x 6 inches. It was a joy to stitch this sweet angel but a lot more work than the size would lead you to believe.

"Cherub with Tree" by Nora Corbett
stitched 1/2 on 32 ct waterlily lugana
with the required DMC floss, Kreinik Metallic Threads & Mill Hill Beads
started 11/03/2010 - completed 12/15/ 2010

12 Comments:

Blogger Cindy's Stitching said...

Truly a pretty piece. You can see, it isn't a simple pattern. Thank you for sharing.

5:07 PM  
Blogger valerie said...

Beautiful! I'm sure that your SIL will love it!

9:03 PM  
Blogger Mylene said...

Gorgeous finish! Congrats!!

2:58 AM  
Blogger staci said...

Oh, it certainly looks like it was a lot of effort (is there a Mirabilia that isn't?) But it's just gorgeous and the beading is so sparkly and pretty. I'm sure your SIL will love it!

6:09 AM  
Blogger Wendy said...

wauw, lovely indeed !
another one to put on my to-do-in-the-future-list.

I´ve put your blog on the blogroll of my blog, I hope you don´t mind ?

8:39 AM  
Blogger Sue said...

Lovely piece. Beautiful stitching :)

7:52 AM  
Blogger Vinniey said...

This is gorgeous. She looks so sweet. I'm sure your SIL will love this beautiful angel.

7:19 PM  
Blogger Brigitte said...

Such a nice piece. And it makes a wonderful gift.

7:16 AM  
Blogger Leeland said...

Oh Mirabilia patterns are not for the faint hearted, but the hard work is rewarding: this is glorious! And what an heirloom to treasure from now...
Love and hugs.

8:56 AM  
Blogger Kathy A. said...

She is beautiful and what a wonderful gift!

6:52 PM  
Blogger Alberta said...

Margaret, she is divine! I've seen that chart but have never seen it completed. Anyone to go on my wish list! lol

6:37 PM  
Blogger Sharon said...

It's lovely!

8:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home