Sunday, October 02, 2011

One to go

On January 1 I started on my 'Off the Shelf' challenge. I was to read 30 books, which I already owned but had not read, by the end of 2011.

I am pleased to let you know that as of today I have one book left to read for the challenge. That book is already on the table beside my stitching/reading chair and should be completed within the next day or so.

As with many projects and challenges, once the end is in sight you just want it to be completed. I must admit that I'm happy it is almost done and am actually looking forward starting a new challenge.

Personally I am always very interested in what others are reading. In case you feel the same way, here is a list of the books.

30 'Mistress of the Monarchy' A. Weir
29 'Howl's Moving Castle' D.W. Jones
28 'Habitat' S.K. Moody
27 'Jesus Video' Andreas Eschbach
26 'The Raphael Affair' Iain Pears
25 'Opus Dei' M. Whitehouse
24 'The Relic' Preston & Child
23 'A Long Way From Home' T. Brokaw
22 'S is for Silence' S. Grafton
21 'What I Learned Under The Sun' K.L. Coon
20 'The Yiddish Policemen's Union' M. Chabo
19 'The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Society' Shaffer & Barrows
18 'Into the Wild' J. Krakauer
17 'Letter from Home' C. Hart
16 'Gate of Ivrel' C.J. Cherryh
15 'The Rising' T. LaHaye & J.B. Jenkins
14 'The Mummy Case' E. Peters
13 'Well of Shiuan' C.J. Cherry
12 'Fires of Azeroth' C.J. Cherryh
11 'Love Walked In' M. De Los Santos
10 'The Painted Veil' W. Somerset Maugham
09 'My Life in France' Julia Child
08 'Julie & Julia' Julie Powell
07 'Home' Julie Andrews
06 'Slumdog Millionaire' V. Swarup
05 'T is for Trespass' S. Grafton
04 'The Mermaid Chair' S. Monk Kidd
03 'Map of Bones' J. Rollins
02 'The Flight of the Falcon' D. Du Maurier
01 'Oeroeg' H.S. Haasse

As soon as book 01 is read I will add it to this list and let you know about my next reading challenge. It is going to be easy and fun so stay tuned as you may want to participate.

PS: Barbara asked which my favorites were. The top five would be:
- 'Mistress of the Monarchy' Alison Weir
- 'Jesus Video' Andreas Eschbach
-
'Into the Wild' Jon Krakauer
-
'The Flight of the Falcon' Daphne Du Maurier
-
'Oeroeg' Hella S. Haasse

3 Comments:

Blogger barbara said...

Which ones did you like best? Congratulations on (nearly) meeting your goal!!

3:18 PM  
Blogger Alberta said...

I love your list!!! The weather is cooling down, daylight is shortening, just right for curling up with as good book.

2:03 PM  
Blogger mbroider said...

Even i finished reading 30 books this year, currently at my 31st!

I have read the Guernsey book and the Julie/Julia book (both last year), but none of the rest. Will look up your 5 favorite books and see which i can add to my list. Thanks for the list

8:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home