Saturday, December 31, 2011

Happy New Year 2012


As 2011 draws to a close I just want to stop by to show you some finishes which I had planned to mount and frame before presenting them to you.

Those were the plans. The truth is that they are still waiting in my finish drawer. Hopefully 2012 will be the year I get my act together and actually frame each piece as it is completed. Oh yes - I'll have to empty that finish drawer too. :)

First up is the sampler I made for DH's family.

'Mildred's Garden House' by Blackbird Designs stitched
1/1 on 25 ct ivory lugana with a variety of flosses

started 1/1/2011 and completed 3/1/2011


For the exchange at our second annual Parowan Stitch-in I stitched a floss holder.

'Heart Stitcher' a free design by 'a mon ami Pierre'

DH's Christmas present for 2011 was finished prior to the holidays but I was not able to get it mounted and framed. I'll have to show it to you again once that is done.

'The Nutcracker Factory 2' by Jeremiah Junction
stitched 1/2 on 32 ct waterlily lugana with DMC floss
started 9/4/2011 - completed 12/2011

5 Comments:

Blogger barbara said...

Wonderful to see a post from you, Margaret! Great finishes. :) Best wishes for 2012!

2:13 PM  
Blogger Alberta said...

...and why does the Nutcracker piece not surprise me!!!!! I have one on my 2012 list! Yes, I'm planning on getting into a schedule of sorts so I can get time to enjoy all my craft loves!

Happy New Year Margaret!!!

9:53 AM  
Blogger Wendy said...

wat een mooie werkjes !
ik wens je een heel vrolijk en ingelijst-rijk 2012 !

1:50 PM  
Blogger Mary Ann said...

Wonderful finishes, Margaret! Happy New Year!!

4:02 PM  
Blogger Heidi said...

Hi Margaret! So nice to see you are posting again on your blog. Love your finishes, especially the nutcracker factory. Hope things are well. I am a terrible friend and have been so out of touch. Too many things going on in 2011 but that is no excuse. Hope you and your family are well?

Wishing you a happy and creative 2012!

Hugs en groetjes ~
Heidi

12:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home