Thursday, October 27, 2011

Authors A - Z

As I was completing my last book challenge I mentioned that I would be starting a new one soon and that it would be super simple and loads of fun.

With a new month quickly approaching today seemed like the perfect time to tell you about it. Hopefully some of you will join me on the A - Z journey.

The challenge is to read 26 books by authors who's last name all start with a different letter of the alphabet. The alphabet does not have to be read in any particular order.

Here is Betsy Ross showing you some books I will be reading during this challenge. Now there is something about the picture which is not quite right - what is it?

Super simple rules. Any genre of books is allowed. I can own them, borrow from friends or from the library. I don't plan to buy anything new for this challenge but it is certainly allowed. Old favorites can also be added into the mix.

All books I read will be listed in the sidebar of this blog. I'm setting up the alphabet now so that I can fill it in as I go along.

I plan to complete my challenge by November 2012. That gives me plenty of time, although you may feel that another time frame is better for you. Challenge yourself to whatever you are comfortable with and remember it is the journey that counts.

Join me in this fun reading journey through the alphabet. Who knows what we may discover in our travels.

4 Comments:

Blogger Brigitte said...

Margaret, this is a great challenge and I already started it in the summer. I've been reading the authors alphabet-wise, always two authors of the same letter. As I am a slow reader, I'm with my second author starting with a D right now. I haven't set a deadline, I just read on and on and on ...

4:00 AM  
Blogger mbroider said...

I am now going to be your newest follower:) I love books too, and i love stitching as well

8:43 PM  
Blogger mbroider said...

And now i am posting as your follower, lol.

I just finished reading Joyce Carol Oates - We're the Mulvaneys

The only book i have read in the pile you have showed is Anne Tyler's Dinner at the Homesick Restaurant.

Enjoy your books

8:47 PM  
Blogger Lillie said...

Happy ready!

Merry Christmas, may you have a Blessed Christmas!

10:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home