Tuesday, October 11, 2011

'12 Days' - two ways

Way 1

'Twelve Days of Christmas'
Book 200 Collector's Edition of the Stoney Creek Collection
stitched 1/2 with DMC and Petite Treasure Braid
on 32 ct opalescent lugana
started 07/28/2010 - completed 09/04/2011


At the end of 2009 (just prior to our return to the US) I asked both our children if they would like me to stitch them a Christmas piece. YES!! was the answer. The next question was 'what would you like me to stitch?' Would you believe it - they both chose the same design - 'Twelve Days of Christmas' from the Stoney Creek Collection.

This is a gorgeous design but an intense stitch so I told them it would take me a few years to complete them both and that they would receive them when both were completed.

As of September 4 one is done. I hope to have it framed before Christmas and have it decorating our own home this year.

With a bit of luck and a lot of stitching both will be completed by Christmas 2012 and be decorating M & E's homes.

Way 2

'12 Days of Christmas Whimzi' by Just Nan
stitched 2/2 with DMC & Petite Treasure Braid
on 28 ct 'unknown' evenweave
started 02/01/2011 - completed 10/08/2011

In January of this year my friend Lili and I started our LiMi SAL stitching '12 Days of Christmas Whimzi'. What fun this SAL was and I am thrilled to show you my rendition stitched and framed, ready to decorate the Christmas tree in my office/hobby room.

What do you think of the cute little frames? I bought them at Michael's for $1 each as part of little cross stitch packets by PLAID. What a deal!

So there you have it: '12 Days' done two ways.

9 Comments:

Blogger Kathy A. said...

What a lovley gift for your children. I know how beautiful and how difficult Stoney Creek are to stitch.
Love your 12 days of Christmas. Lovely work.

9:04 PM  
Blogger Hazel said...

Wow that is a feat of stitching indeed. I think your 12 days tree is amazing and cannot imagine you having to stitch a second. Your JN ones are gorgeous too. x

2:56 AM  
Blogger Vonna Pfeiffer said...

I absolutely LOVE your 12 days two ways Margaret! Love them both! That Stoney Creek one is fabulous! And those whimsi's in those cute frames...GORGEOUS!!!

5:04 AM  
Blogger Sharon said...

They both look fantastic!

2:58 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

Beautiful! That looks like it was a difficult piece to stitch with lots of colour changes. You did a wonderful job! :) The whimsi's are absolutely adorable! :)

6:45 PM  
Blogger Alberta said...

What a wonderful keepsake for your children for years to come! ♥ Love it! ♥

8:12 PM  
Blogger Brigitte said...

Oh my, this is definitely a lot to stitch, but sooooo beautiful. Good luck with the second piece.

9:48 AM  
Blogger Leeland said...

Amazing 12 days, both of them... and wonderful heirloms to treasure for your children. :)
I still have a lot to do to complete my part of our LiMa SAl. But I'm so enjoying it that I suspect I don't want it to end... Lol!
HUgs!

1:17 AM  
Blogger Felicity said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous!

6:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home