Sunday, January 08, 2012

First Finish 2012

All week long as I was trying to get this piece finished I was very excited as for once I was going to frame it immediately. The perfect frame was already in my possession so I was all set.

Art is the Flower
from Art Nouveau Cross Stitch by Barbara Hammet

stitched 1/1 on 25 ct Bow Peep Pink Lugana with DMC

started 02/22/2011 - finished 01/08/2012
Note to self - do not stitch 1/1 on 25 ct if back-stitching is required

This morning after placing the final back-stitch I rushed to the cupboard which I knew contained the perfect frame - lots of frames but not the one I thought I had. WHAT????

My first instinct was to rush off to the store and buy a frame. Then I stopped and had a good talk with myself. I have so many stitched pieces waiting to be framed and for at least nine of them I have frames. Do I need to buy another frame which may just be put away like the others? You see, I love to stitch and I love to buy frames but I really don't love framing.

Conclusion : this piece will have to wait to be framed until at least two frames I already own have been used. NO, I MAY NOT DONATE THE FRAMES OR DISPOSE OF THEM IN ANOTHER WAY!

I would ask you to keep your fingers crossed that I will actually do this but that wouldn't be fair as you all have your own stitching & finishing to do.

Will be back soon as I want to show you a few projects planned for 2012.

Make sure you drop by to visit Heather's lovely blog. She is having an amazing give-away that you won't want to miss.

8 Comments:

Blogger barbara said...

What a charming finish! I adore art nouveau. Congratulations, and good luck with the framing issue!

3:35 PM  
Blogger Mary Ann said...

OOOH, I love your finish! And good luck with the framing situation. : )

6:36 PM  
Blogger Coco Cross Stitcher said...

great piece you have finished. I'm sure it won't be long before it is framed
x catherine

1:01 AM  
Blogger Rhona said...

What a fantastic finish. Hope you can use two of your frames as this will look great when framed and on the wall!

11:42 AM  
Blogger Alberta said...

Margaret, this is incredible!!!! I love how modern it is...I usually do more tradition charts, this is absolutely FABULOUS!
Congrats to you for refraining from rushing to the store!!!!
I must run, gotta go check out Barbara Hammet!!!!

9:30 AM  
Blogger Marnie said...

Congrats on your beautiful finish. I love this design and have my own art nouveau piece waiting in the wings. Good luck with the framing.

7:21 AM  
Blogger Sharon said...

Pretty finish Margaret!

8:26 PM  
Blogger Juls said...

Congrats!!! It is so pretty!!!!

7:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home