Monday, April 23, 2012

It's OK.......I guess

Why did I fall in love with this piece when I saw someone else stitching it?

'The Eliza Hills 1856 Sampler' from HandWork Samplers
stitched 1/2 on 28 ct hand dyed (coffee, tea, microwave) evenweave
with Belle Soie silks
started 01/24/2012 - completed 04/22/2012
I was so excited about this piece. I hand dyed the fabric myself and it is much darker and warmer IRL. The Belle Soie silks are lovely to the touch yet there was something about them that made them OK but not great to stitch with.

Complain, complain, complain. I do love the saying and at least I have another piece for my sampler wall. :)

No complains about my next finish in progress. The colors are vibrant and the picture lovely. Will post an update on that soon.

8 Comments:

Blogger Annie said...

It looks lovely and your hand-dyed fabric really makes a great background for it.

10:39 AM  
Blogger Juls said...

Lovely stitching! I can't wait to see it tomorrow!!!!!

8:38 PM  
Blogger Alberta said...

I love the antique-ness of your piece! Great addition IMHO!

8:09 AM  
Blogger Brigitte said...

Ohhh, I love this piece. It looks great on that hand-dyed fabric and will be a great addition to your sampler wall. I hope you will show a picture of that wall ...

3:10 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

lovely. hugs

1:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi

Just found your lovely blog.

Your WIP is beautiful.

You have some lovely stitching on your blog.

1:56 AM  
Blogger Leeland said...

How beautiful! You have a gift to pick perfect pieces. :D
Many many hugs to you.

2:23 AM  
Blogger Sharon said...

Margaret, I think it's quite lovely! It will look wonderful on your sampler wall.

8:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home