Thursday, May 17, 2012

Three days - Two finishes

And here they are!!
On Monday I framed this adorable sampler which I stitched in 2010. I've had the frame forever but it takes me a while to get up the courage for the framing process. I'm happy with the result.

My second finish for the week is Michener's 'Alaska'. What a wonderful book and a great preparation for our upcoming Alaskan cruise.

Do you see two little blue tabs sticking out of the top of the book. I often have that as when I read I like to mark things with a special meaning and then flag them so that I can find them again easily. Do you do that?

Just in case you are just as keen as I am to know what others are reading - I have now started 'Looking for Alaska' by Peter Jenkins.

11 Comments:

Blogger Deborah said...

The sampler looks wonderful.

7:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wat een prachtige foto - wat mooi is de rode dame toch - en wat een heerlijk vooruitzicht... een cruise naar Alaska!! Geniet ervan!
Mijn boek van het moment is "Every Contact Leaves A Trace" (Elanor Dymott).
Fijne vakantie!

12:11 AM  
Blogger Alberta said...

I love your sampler and the framing suits it to a T.

You'll never guess what I received in the mail? tee hee

Thank you so very much my friend. I absolutely love the pattern and those earthy greens. I shall think of you when I stitch it.

Enjoy your cruise! I'm so jealous! Are you taking the inside passage? Take lots of photos.

{{{Hugs}}}

7:37 AM  
Blogger Mylene said...

Such a beautiful sampler and the frame fits it perfectly!

2:22 PM  
Blogger Juls said...

I adore your finishes!!!!! So much prettier IRL!!!!! Enjoy your cruise and thank you for the soup recipe

5:17 PM  
Blogger Sharon said...

Gorgeous framing!

8:21 AM  
Blogger Felicity said...

Beautiful! Beautiful!

2:03 PM  
Blogger Lillie said...

Gorgeous sampler and perfect frame work.

8:26 PM  
Blogger Lillie said...

Gorgeous sampler and pefect frame work.

8:27 PM  
Blogger Lillie said...

Simply gorgeous!

8:27 PM  
Blogger Leeland said...

How beautiful! I love the choice of frame.
Funny, your initials, MER, mean sea in French. :D
Hope you enjoyed your cruise.
Many hugs.

12:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home