Monday, July 30, 2012

Where does the time go?

It's hard to believe that tomorrow is already the last day of July. Where does the time go? It just seems like yesterday that I last posted but now I realize it has been 1 1/2 months.

During my absence I've managed three finishes. The most important one has also been framed but I won't be showing it just yet as I don't want to spoil the fun for the receiver.

What I can show you are:

'Alaska Totem' by Sitka Stitches
stitched on 14 ct Aida with DMC floss from kit
started June 4, 2012 - completed July 15, 2012


While visiting Sitka during our Alaskan cruise this past May we came across a lovely shop on 231 Lincoln Street. This shop sells original Alaskan and Pacific Northwest stitching, quilting and much more.

Alaska has many spectacular totems poles - what can be better than to take an original home!!

'Bethlehem' designed by Diane Arthurs for Imaginating, Inc
stitched 1/1 on 25 ct New Khaki lugana with Splendor silk S872
started December 17, 2011 - completed July 29, 2012


What a wonderful journey it was to stitch 'Bethlehem'. Once I finish stitching the complimentary piece 'Three Kings' I will have them framed together. They let us experience the true meaning of Christmas and will be given a very special place in our home.

That's all for now folks. Take care and enjoy the rest of your summer.

8 Comments:

Blogger Brigitte said...

Two great finishes. I love that totem pole. What a neat reminder of your cruise. I always try to find a stitching pattern of the region I'M visiting but I'm not always successful.

5:18 AM  
Blogger Juls said...

Both are lovely!!! I can't wait to see them IRL !!!!! See you later!!!

5:54 AM  
Blogger Leeland said...

My the Bethlehen is amazing and the totem pole (impressive :) ) is a great way to remember your trip to Alaska.

10:24 AM  
Blogger Brigitte said...

I haven't found an email address so I'll just thank you here for your comment on my blog. I wish a you a great time in the Netherlands and a lot of fun with your grandchild!

12:56 AM  
Blogger olla said...

Stitching Bethlehem to experience the true meaning of Christmas - so true. I've just started stitching the same pattern, and for the same reason.
I'm also thinking of adding some lettering at the top, not sure yet.I'm curious about your framing ideas.

6:57 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

Very pretty finishes! I love that you stitched the Bethlehem scene over one. It gives it so much more definition!

1:07 PM  
Blogger Lillie said...

Cute totem design, both stitching are lovely.

1:21 AM  
Blogger Wendy said...

ik heb werkelijk geen idee, maar mocht je erachter komen, dan geef even een gil, kan altijd wat meer `langzame `tijd gebruiken !
mooie werkjes !

10:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home